TSIA Summer Prep Academy
June 12th-July 13th, 2017
- Students must be admitted to Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi prior to applying.
- Students must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Students must provide their TSI scores for math, writing, and reading to demonstrate the need to retest. The following are the scores needed to be considered "College Ready"
- Mathematics: minimum score of 350
- Reading: minimum score of 351
- Writing: a score of 5 on the essay section or a score of 4 on the essay section and a minimum score of 363 on the multiple choice section.
- SPACE IS LIMITED TO 60 PARTICIPANTS PER SUMMER.
Summer Prep Experience
- Students will be awarded a $250 stipend, paid at the end of the summer bridge.
- Housing, food, and transportation are the responsibility of the student and/or parent, not Project GRAD.
- TSIA preparation sessions and College 101 sessions weekly.
- At the conclusion of the five-week academy, Project GRAD will pay for students to complete a TSI retest.
- Meet University faculty, staff, and administrators who will be part of the student's support system.
- Assigned a peer mentor in respective major or college.
- Access to Technology Lending Library and Textbook Lending Library.
- Exclusive access to our Project GRAD computer lab and free printing.
- Participate in cultural enrichment activities to inspire lifelong learning.
- During the fall and spring, students meet once a month with the Program Manager for holistic advising and twice with their assigned peer mentor.
For additional benefits of the Summer Prep Academy, please download the Summer Prep Handout and Parent Information documents.
For additional questions, please review our FAQ page or contact Deshawna Colvin, Program Manager, at email@example.com or 361-825-2289.