TSIA Summer Prep Academy
High School Administrators
Determining Eligible Students
- Students must be admitted to Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi prior to applying.
- Students must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Students must provide their TSI scores for math, writing, and reading to demonstrate the need to retest. The following are the scores needed to be considered "College Ready". Students with scores that do not meet "College Ready" are able to apply for the bridge.
- Mathematics: minimum score of 350
- Reading: minimum score of 351
- Writing: a score of 5 on the essay section or a score of 4 on the essay section and a minimum score of 340 on the multiple choice section.
Benefit for the Student
- TSIA preparation sessions and College 101 sessions weekly.
- At the conclusion of the academy, Project GRAD will pay for students to complete a TSI retest.
- Meet University faculty, staff, and administrators who will be part of the student's support system.
- Assigned a peer mentor in respective major or college. Peer mentors work with the students individually on time management, study skills, note-taking skills, test taking, stress management, learning style assessment, career assessment, and share healthy habits of successful college students.
- Access to Technology Lending Library and Textbook Lending Library.
- Exclusive access to our Project GRAD computer lab and free printing.
- Participate in cultural enrichment activities to inspire lifelong learning.
- During the fall and spring, students meet once a month with the Program Manager for holistic advising taking into account students’ personal, social, financial, emotional, developmental, cultural and ethnic issues.
For additional questions or to set up classroom or campus visits, please review our FAQ page or contact Deshawna Colvin, Program Manager, at email@example.com or 361-825-2289.